Oriental Ramen Noodle Salad
This oriental ramen noodle salad is similar to the basic recipe. The main difference is the addition of mandarin oranges and chop suey vegetables, as well as some sesame oil and soya sauce to the dressing.
The can of chop suey vegetables can be substituted with fresh ingredients if preferred(bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots).
I use the canned variety as I don't usually have these ingredients on hand. It also speeds up the preparation time.
You will need a small pot for boiling and a colander for rinsing the noodles.
1 package ramen noodles
1/2 of a 16 oz. package of coleslaw mix
2 green onions-chopped
1 celery stick-sliced
1/2 cup almonds-slivered
1/2 cup sunflower seeds(shelled)
1/2 bell pepper-chopped
1 can mandarine oranges
1 can chop suey vegetables
1/2 cup salad oil
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. soya sauce
1/4 cup sushi or rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
2 pinches flavor packet powder from noodles
* In a large bowl mix together all vegetables, sunflower seeds and almonds.
* Drain juice from mandarine oranges can into a clean glass and add oranges to salad.
* Drain water from chop suey vegetables and add to salad.
* Mix dressing ingredients into in a small bowl and whisk until blended.
* Add dressing to salad and mix well.
-Cook the Noodles Last:
* Crumble dry noodles and add to boiling water for about 2 minutes (the packages usually call for 3 minutes but you don't want them too soft).
* Drain them into a colander immediately and give them a quick rinse with cold water. Drain and let cool.
* Mix noodles into salad, cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Makes 4-5 servings, double up the ingredients for a large salad.
Print This Recipe
More Ramen Noodle Recipes
Basic Ramen Noodle Salad
Ramen Cabbage Salad
Copyright © by Gordon Angrignon, 2005-2015 Easy-Salad.Com