Ramen Noodle Cabbage Salad
For this popular ramen noodle cabbage salad I used Purple Cabbage. This gives the dish a nice colourful look which will definitely catch the eye of your family at home, or hungry guests at any social event
For dressing you can use the one below or look to your refrigerator for your favorite bottled one. Coleslaw dressing is a good choice for this dish.
I have added some nuts and seeds for this recipe but if you have some trail mix in your pantry that works fine too.
The same goes for any dried fruit if you have it. Raisins and cranberries are the most common, but you may want to try some tropical varieties such as pineapple, mango, or papaya to give your salad an exotic flair.
2 pkg. ramen noodles
1/2 head cabbage, finely chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 bell pepper-chopped
2 celery stalks-sliced
1/2 cup almonds-slivered
1/2 cup sunflower seeds-shelled
salt & pepper to taste
3/4 cup salad oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
1-2 pinches ramen noodle flavouring from package(optional)
For a creamy dressing just substitute mayonnaise for the salad oil. Add more than 3/4 cup if needed.
* Shred 1/2 cabbage with a grater, knife or food processor.
* Add the other vegetables, almonds and sunflower seeds.
* Mix salad well and set aside.
* Break up noodles and add to boiling water, cooking for about 2 minutes. Don't overcook.
* Drain and rinse under cold water in a colander, let cool and add to salad.
* Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl with a whisk or electric mixer.
* Add to salad, mix well and add salt & pepper to taste if needed.
* Cool in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
* This makes a good sized salad so if you have leftovers cover and keep refrigerated. This salad will keep well for a couple of days.
Print This Recipe
More Ramen Noodle Recipes
Basic Ramen Noodle Salad
Oriental Ramen Salad
Subscribe to our newsletter
The Salad Bar...
Where Salads Mingle!