This ramen noodle salad recipe is different than most because I prefer to cook the noodles rather than add them to the salad dry.
I cook the noodles for about 1.5 to 2 minutes rather than the 3 minutes the packages call for.
This keeps them from becoming too soft for a salad application.
Make sure you break up the dry noodles before adding them to the boiling water-they will mix into the salad better than if left long.
Here is the basic recipe:
You can always add or substitute ingredients to this ramen noodle salad recipe as you see fit. For this salad you can really get creative as the basic version is just a starting point. Here are some interesting ingredients to consider:
* Fruit: Apple, Pear, Oranges, Grapes, Rasins, Pineapple, Berries, the possibilities are endless.
* Nuts and Seeds: Great for adding crunch to a salad.
* Cherry tomatoes: Cut in half and squeeze the seeds out.
* Cheese: Any kind, cubed or grated.
* Olives: Go well with feta cheese.
* Seafood: Prawns, Scallops, Crab, Yummy!
* Oil: I usually use olive oil but any salad oil will do.
* Vinegar: Any kind will do here also. I like the flavoured ones like apple cider, raspberry, sushi vinegar or a wine vinegar. You can also use lemon or lime juice with or instead of vinegar.
* Sugar: Honey is a good option to sweeten up a dressing.
* If you don't want to make you own dressing any creamy or oil-based dressing will do. A creamy coleslaw dressing would go well with this salad.
Oriental Ramen Salad-Lots of chopped vegetables, a bag of pre-mixed coleslaw and a sweet & tangy dressing make this hearty dish a family favorite...
Ramen Cabbage Salad-Similar to the one above, but made with purple cabbage and a more standard dressing...
Copyright © by Gordon Angrignon, 2005-2015 Easy-Salad.Com